Saturday, November 30, 2013

Movie Review #9: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

***Movies are something that I find great entertainment in. They are art on the screen and come in so many types. This is my reason for doing my blog on movies and my reviews of them!

The ninth movie I will be doing is on a movie very recent that has received a lot of attention and praise in the last few weeks. It is the next chapter of a growing movie franchise based on the best selling series. This movie is........ "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire"!




So "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" (2013) is the sequel to 2012's hit movie "The Hunger Games" and is the next movie of the franchise based on Suzanne Collins bestselling Hunger Games series. The movie revisits Katniss Everdeen after the events of "The Hunger Games" and there is revolution beginning in the 12 Districts of her world that the government is not happy about. On top of that is the 75th Hunger Games which in short involves Katniss and her friend Peta to compete in the Hunger Games again but this time even harder. Now Katniss and her friends must survive and succeed in their tasks to save themselves and the ones they love.

Overall, I thought this movie was fantastic! It really exceeded expectations and brought a great new chapter into the franchise! The story was very interesting and entertaining, especially for one like me who has not read the books! There were many great moments, a lot being ones that kept you on your feet and got you involved! All the actors, especially Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, were great and really grew as not only actors but characters through well portrayed character development! The action and scenery of the movie was amazing which made it quite a masterpiece! Every scene had something new to offer which advanced the plot and made it exciting! The best part is the unexpected moments which make you extremely surprised and want to see more! I assume even for fans who have read the books they are greatly anticipating the next movie as are all the fans! My only problem was some confusing parts that weren't answered if you did not read the books. However, these questions were answered by friends of mine who read the books and the problem didn't change my overall thoughts on the movie. It truly is a great movie that you can appreciate, enjoy, and be excited for more!

Rating: 8/10 Stars

In the end, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" is an amazing movie with a great story and character development that advances The Hunger Games franchise well! In my opinion it is a great sequel that many including myself feel is better than the first movie! It is really entertaining and gets you really excited and anticipated for the next movie! If you have or even haven't read the books, I recommend you watch this movie if you're looking for a great movie!

4 comments:

  1. You should definitely read the series over break because they are amazing and I am glad the movie is meeting people's expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this movie was very well done and exceeded my expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more! They're doing a good job with the series! And yeah Sammie I am thinking about maybe reading the books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude loved the movie! Cannot wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete