Monday, November 18, 2013

Movie Review #5: The Purge

***Movies are something that I find great entertainment in. They are art on the screen and come in so many types. This is my reason for doing my blog on movies and my reviews of them!

The fifth review I decided to do is a movie I watched a couple months ago. Many people like myself were interested in the story of this movie because of it's unique concept. That movie was..............."The Purge"!



So "The Purge" (2013) is a horror thriller movie that deals with the concept where there is no crime or acts of hatred for the whole year but there is one night where all crime is legal, known as the Purge. The movie follows the events of a family on the night of the Purge and their struggle to survive it.

After watching the movie and thinking about it, I think you can say this movie is not bad but not good. The main problem with it is its wasted potential. The idea of our country having no crime at all and then one night everyone unleashes crime and rampage and it's legal is an awesome idea but after watching it you can see how the movie didn't do the concept justice. The movie turned into a typical slasher/murder film which was disappointing. However, there were some moments where the movie was intense and entertaining. Most of the actors, including Ethan Hawke who was the main character, did fairly well which helped it out a little. Overall I'd say this movie was entertaining at parts but mostly forgettable.

Rating: 5/10 Stars

In the end, "The Purge" is an ok movie but one with a lot of wasted potential. It had an amazing concept which didn't show on screen which leaves the audience disappointed. There were still some intense moments which makes you involved while watching it but after the movie is forgettable and fairly pointless. If you're bored and have absolutely nothing to do, watch "The Purge". Otherwise, don't.

2 comments:

  1. "The Purge" creeped me out. I could not agree more about the wasted potential. It had such a great idea that could have been terrifying, but it did not live up that potential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Wish it could have been better.

    ReplyDelete