Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Movie Review #3: Grown Ups 2

***Movies are something that I find great entertainment in. They are art on the screen and come in so many types. This is my reason for doing my blog on movies and my reviews of them!

The third movie review I decided to do is a movie (another sequel) I watched this past summer and had some laughs with but many problems with. That summer comedy is none other than ............ "Grown Ups 2"!


So "Grown Ups 2" (2013) is the sequel to "Grown Ups" (2010). It brings back comedy stars Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, and David Spade. In this movie, the 4 main characters must deal with various problems with their family, friends, and others all together in this comical attempt.

Honestly, this movie was not good. The plot was all over the place and half the time you didn't know why the characters were doing what they were doing. The 4 main stars did fine but sometimes it felt like they didn't even try. It felt as though they had the same role as the movie: being a money grabber. Many scenes were pointless and a lot of the minor characters got lost in the story. I must admit there were some funny moments, but most of the time the jokes weren't that funny and seemed forced. Having a movie with these 4 comedy legends has great potential but overall it leaves you fairly dissapointed. Just like the 4 stars this movie is 4/10 stars.

Rating: 4/10 Stars

Overall, "Grown Ups 2" is a comedy money grabber with no point. Its inability to have a plot really dissapoints the viewer. It had some comical moments but overall it wasn't that funny. If you're looking for a movie with very little enterntainment which you will forget most likely the next day, this is that movie. I don't reccomend this movie because I assure you that you will be dissapointed and it will be a waste of your time.

4 comments:

  1. I completely disagree with you. I absolutely loved the movie because I love the actors. Of course, Grown Ups was better but what sequel is better than the original. I could care less if the plot to some did not make sense, but the point of the movie was to show how life is complicated and never planned or structured. I am sorry but I disagree with this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's fine your entitled to your opinion. But I feel plot is the story of anything and when there is no plot there is no story. Its just a bunch of comedians who are way past their peak doing random funny stuff. They are all great but the key is they WERE great. You can't just like a movie because a certain actor is in it. Every actor (even the greats) have stinkers. Also there are exceptions to movies with great sequels. The Dark Knight, Silence of the Lambs, The Godfather Part 2, and many say a lot of movies in the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Harry Potter franchises were better than the 1st ones. All these movies are classic greats, not only because they were great but had great sequels, unlike Grown Ups. And trust me there are a lot of movies that deal with the idea of life being complicated. A good majority of these are WAY better than this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard this movie fails to deliver. So I never went to watched it. Also, I know your even less critical of movies than I am, so I trust you when you knock this movie.

    ReplyDelete