Sunday, December 1, 2013

Movie Review #10: The Godfather

***Movies are something that I find great entertainment in. They are art on the screen and come in so many types. This is my reason for doing my blog on movies and my reviews of them!

Like I said before, one of my goals in life is watching every Oscar Best Picture Winners up to date! So I wanted to continue reviewing some of the ones I have seen so far. My tenth movie review will actually be on my favorite Oscar Best Picture I have seen. It is an older movie that is considered not only one of the best drama crime movies of all time but one of the best movies of all time! This movie is none other than............ "The Godfather"!

 
So "The Godfather" (1972) is a crime drama movie dealing with the family leading and running one of the biggest mafia's of New York. It mainly revolves around the Godfather of the dynasty, Don Vito Corleone, running the group and members of his family, especially his son Michael Corleone, who grows to be the new Godfather of their family after his father. Problems arise between other groups and even within the family which must be solved to not only have the family's empire live but the family live on as well.
 
Overall, it is literally one of the best movies I have ever seen! It is simply incredible! The story line is so interesting and so entertaining to watch! You literally feel like you are part of the family! The acting is phenomenal! Every character contributed to the story and made it so believable!  Legends Marlon Brando playing Don Vito Corleone and Al Pacino playing Michael Corleone were literally some of the best performances of film I have ever seen! They created characters never seen before and ones that were so immortalized by their performances! Also, the character development is amazing and each scene advances the plot through conflict and resolution! The movie literally has everything! Drama, action, romance, and comedy with so many ideals on family! The best part about it is the messages and themes you learn about family and life! The movie is something never before seen in film and is a true masterpiece!
 
Rating: 10/10 Stars!!!
 
In the end, "The Godfather" is one of the best movies I have ever seen and ever seen in movie history! It has one of the best stories in a plot with amazing characters and themes! Literally everything you want in a movie and everything you need to know about life is in "The Godfather" which is why it is film's best and is a movie you MUST watch in your lifetime!

2 comments:

  1. I freaking love this movie!!!! Me and my dad probably have watched this 10 times, and I mean all of the Godfather movies. When I was younger we even had the ps2 game for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea the whole series is great! Love the other movies also!

    ReplyDelete